Behind every great dividend growth investor is their Stock Portfolio; the list of stocks which they’ve had the conviction to purchase in hopes of bringing them riches – to a DGI, riches can be nothing more than a stable monthly income that rises over time, which will eventually cover their annual expenses, resulting in financial freedom. I invite you to have a look into The Dividend Beginner’s portfolio.
My investment portfolio spans across my tax-free savings account (TFSA), and a $USD and $CAD taxable, non-registered account all contained within my brokerage of CIBC Investor’s Edge. Currently, with CIBC Investor’s Edge, a minimum value of $25, 000 is required for an RRSP without fees. I am not interested in that, and the RRSP is something I will focus more on once the $CAD returns back to near-par with the $USD, as I would like to fill it with high-yielding $US stocks and REITs due to the tax-treaty for withholding US taxes.
My stock portfolio accounts for roughly 65% of my net worth, while the the other 35% of my net worth is tied up in savings accounts, TFSA GICs and RRSP GICs, which I had locked in before I started investing. The TFSA has a maturity date of 3 years, while the RRSP has a maturity date of 5 years. For the time being, I’m not concerned with them too much; while they return very poor results, they keep my cash safe and keep me from investing all of the money I have.
I started investing on the date of March 18th, 2015.
Below is my current portfolio.
[spreadsheet 1eUN15YiZHyspdRyB1KYiQL2dgBD794b4C4o68FXqlb4 700 700]